The Holly Private Hospital offers a comprehensive and personalised breast care service covering all aspects of care from diagnosis and treatment to aftercare and support services.
We are a Bupa accredited breast care clinic and all our services are consultant-led and supported by a multi-disciplinary team of specialist Breast Care Nurses, Radiologists and Breast Consultants.
This specialist team ensures we can provide a rapid diagnosis through the highest standards of testing, personalised screening, consultations, treatment and aftercare.
We also offer 'rapid access' consultations to minimise waiting and worrying, offering a physical examination and assessment with the Consultant and same day diagnostic tests within the one location.
What to check:
It's normal for your breasts to change, both over your whole life time and during the course of your menstrual cycle. Most changes in your breast do nor indicate breast cancer, but it's still very important to know how your breasts usually look or feel to be able to notice any changes.
Symptoms to look for include:
- a lump or swelling in the tissue of your breast
- a change in the size or shape of one of your breasts
- discharge from either of your nipples (which may be streaked with blood)
- a lump or swelling in either of your armpits
- dimpling on the skin of your breasts
- a rash on or around your nipple
- a change in the appearance of your nipple, such as becoming sunken into your breasts.
Breast pain in not usually a symptom of breast cancer.
If any of the above symptoms apply to you, or if you have any concerns about similar symptoms it is advisable to see your doctor for a check-up.
Similarly if you are over the age of 40 you can self-refer for a breast screening even if you are non-symptomatic.
Want to book an appointment?