10Pilates based exercises are controlled exercises focusing on the deep stabilising muscles of the body with special emphasis on the neck, shoulder girdle, abdominal, spinal, hip and pelvic floor muscles. The exercises are a safe and effective way to improve spinal, postural alignment and promote a healthy, flexible and dynamically stable body that moves without strain or pain.
The Holly Private Hospital is pleased to offer patients Pilates classes as part of your rehabilitation from injury or physical problems, or to build strength and flexibility and help to prevent injury.
Our Pilates classes are run by senior chartered physiotherapists with additional training in Stott and APPI Pilates instruction.
Pilates classes are suitable for patients with spinal problems currently or recently under medical care, particularly:
- patients experiencing back pain or dysfunction
- patients who have had spinal surgery
- patients currently receiving physiotherapy treatment who need regular exercise rehabilitation to support their treatment
The classes are also suitable for people who have a range of general physical conditions including:
- chronic back and neck problems
- people wanting to improve posture and alignment
- prevention of injury or re-injury
- post-pregnancy rehabilitation (minimum 6 months post delivery)
- safe conditioning as an addition to sports or fitness
- healthy individuals who are interested in pilates exercise.
With a maximum of eight people per class, the group is closely supervised with students getting a lot of one on one attention.
Booking pilates classes
To allow for ease of access to classes, participants are able to book classes in blocks or weekly. Advanced booking is recommended as the classes are very popular. 24 hours cancellation policy is in place.
The current class timetable is as follows:
10.15am – 11am and 11.15am – 12pm
6pm – 6.45pm
10am-10.45am and 11.00am-11.45am
The class format is mat work based with small equipment. Participants will be getting up and down from the floor, lie on their back, sides, front and able to put weight through their hands and knees. Do not worry if any of these positions are difficult as we can provide alternative positions. All necessary equipment is provided such as; mats, towels, small equipment, blocks.
Pilates dress code: comfortable and moveable attire,